Portfolio Strategist – Experienced hire position with an opportunity to grow with a fast-growing, independent wealth management firm. Bouchey Financial Group is looking for a candidate who is excited to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment. An ideal candidate is a go-getter with CFP® or CFA credentials who can serve as the lead analyst managing the firm’s investment process, providing research and analysis of portfolios and investment options. This position is also responsible for counseling clients and serving on the firm's investment committee.
- Manage the firm’s portfolio rebalancing software (Tamarac), including day-to-day portfolio adjustments, investing portfolios for new clients, tax loss harvesting, tactical rebalancing and improving the firm’s investment process utilizing the trading software
- Help lead a team of investment analysts with daily trading tasks and review
- Proactively research and communicate portfolio recommendations as market conditions change
- Coordinate the agenda and analysis for weekly investment committee meetings
- Create investment blogs and research for firm’s website, quarterly webinars and newsletters
- Assist with client relationships by communicating investment recommendations to clients and helping advisors articulate the firms investment philosophy
- Provide analysis of portfolios for prospective endowment and retirement plan opportunities
- Assist with managing the 401(k)/403(b) investment platform
- Assist with marketing and business development as needed
- Opportunity & path to grow into the Chief Investment Officer role in the future
- Minimum of 5-7 years of RIA or financial services industry experience
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Investment philosophy aligned with the firm's use of low-cost ETF model portfolios
- Willingness to adapt to changes in industry trends and technologies
- Desire & ability to work successfully in a small, entrepreneurial company environment
- Demonstrated ability to drive execution and results
- Team Player who is self-motivated to proactively solve problems and manage projects
- Ability to effectively speak in front of boards, RFP committees & client events
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance or economics (preferred)
- CFP® or CFA designation (or currently studying for) is preferred
- Understanding of investment research tools, such as Bloomberg, is preferred
Bouchey Financial Group is an independent IRA with offices in upstate New York (Troy & Saratoga Springs) and Boston, MA. We work with individuals, families and businesses and we currently manage more than $800 million in assets for our clients.
We are an equal-opportunity employer offering excellent benefits and opportunities for career advancement. Please email a resume and cover letter to David Clarke at email@example.com to apply.